Thursday, September 2, 2010

Score!


Life around the house is starting to change. Our second to the youngest son David is now engaged
to a wonderful lady, Miss Olivia!. David is now moving out of the house which gives me something that I have been dreaming about for a long time. Yes! It is time for a scrapbook/craft/office room all for myself.
I love antiques and I have been collecting furniture for craft storage for quite sometime now. I have my awesome printer's cabinet I found. I also have amassed three library card catalogs, an old antique dresser, and my collection on sewing machine drawers. I was wondering through one of my one of my favorite haunts and came upon this antique string dispenser. It is dated 1889. I absolutly LOVE to use string in my creations and decided that it must be added to my collection. Score!!!
I was talking to the gentleman and he also mentioned that he has another double printers cabinet complete with dies in his warehouse. I must admit I was tempted but realize I only have so much space.
I noticed that paint is on sale this weekend at Home Depot and I already have bought a ceiling fan for the room. The room has vaulted ceilings and I just can't wait to get started!
Now if only he will pick up the rest of his stuff! LOL! Hummm a yard sale might be in order....

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay Libby. That's so exciting for you. A new daughter-in-law and a scraproom/office? All at the same time. You deserve both.
Make sure to post pics of your room when you're done with it. As well as your vintage finds. I love it!!
Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Oh Libby I am sooooo excited for you! I know how much you have wanted a space that is all your own to create in. Oh the things that will come from you out of that room. I can't wait to see. I think of you often!